Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is a cutting edge hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO. It was created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. LDT practitioners use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation as well as determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc…).
Therapists work with flat hands, using all the fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements. These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
Lymph Drainage Therapy may help…
- Detoxification of the body
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Relief of subacute and chronic pain
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
- Anti-aging effects
- And many other benefits
SOURCE: CHIKLY INSTITUTE